Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Nick and I are headed home to Sarasota today for our engagement photo session.
Monday, October 27, 2008
I was graciously awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by A Housewife's Journey to Forever!
Does anyone else just want to take a red pen to "Kreativ?"
I need to list 6 things I value and 6 things I don't and then pass it along to 6 people.
6 Things I Value:
Nick - I am so thankful to have him as my soon-to-be hubby
My mother - no better mommy in the world, even if some other daughters my beg to differ
My education - thanks to my mother I was able to complete my masters degree in April and always am grateful for the opportunity to have it in my back pocket!
My friends - I don't have a huge social circle, just a group of solid longterm friends. At my bachelorette party it was such a compliment to me to have a few of my friends comment seperately to me what a nice time they were having with the group (most friends are from different times in my life, so they wouldn't be together normally). I love my friends!
My animals - my mother and I always say we just couldn't live without an animal. I loved the two labs I had growing up and now my Bella and my mom's dogs too. I take their well-being and safety to heart.
The little things - I keep a gratitude journal (5 things each day I am grateful for) and really try to make an effort to be thankful and appreciate the small things in my life that I enjoy.
6 Things I Don't Value:
Expensive cell phones - sorry, I just can't justify spending more than my Alltel rebate phone (unless I become significantly more important in the near future, just kidding!)
People who are late
Frogs that sit outside my front door and wait to jump on my head
The awful carpet in my condo, ick
Junky coupon magazines that clog my mailbox three times a week
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
- Having my Nick by my side - finally!
- Fresh, chewy bagels from Panera
- Stacks of packed, sealed and labeled moving boxes
- A cool weather break from the awful Florida humidity
- We're getting married in less than 2 weeks!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Yesterday was my last day at my first real world, big girl job. I worked so hard to get that position and did everything I could to make it a success that at first it was a little bittersweet to walk away from it to move to St. Louis and start a new chapter.
But at this point, all I can think of is that Nick's plane lands here at 12:15 p.m. and all that we have in our life to look forward to. Suddenly it is all that matters in my life right now. And that is reward enough for sure.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Masters degree graduation, April 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
This past weekend, in edition to the painting, my mom and I put together two wreaths for the front doors of the church at the wedding. We'd been collecting silk flowers for a few months or so from thrift stores, sales at Michael's and other random finds. Looking around I just wasn't seeing wreaths I liked at the stores and certainly wasn't going to pay $200 a pop from our florist.
It was so easy to weave our flower collection into the grape vine wreaths so they matched:
And voila, a beautiful wreath for just pennies compared to what we would have paid for a pre-made one:
I can't wait to see them hanging beautifully on our wedding day!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Francis had to be locked up... black lab + paint = big ol' mess!
Rocking a very stylish painting outfit
Sunday, October 19, 2008
- Homemade mashed potatoes with meatloaf and warm buttered biscuits
- A slick fresh coat of paint on new fencing
- Making wreaths by hand
- The look Francis gives you when she really just wants a piece of your cheese
- New magazines in the mail
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
- A slice of pumpkin bread from Starbucks
- Bella chasing little feathers from my down comforter
- Nick will be here in 12 days - yippee!
- Scary movies on cable all day long
- Practicing my wedding make up and doing it right!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
I was so excited to receive this package in the mail. Not only was it a gift for me and my matron of honor for the wedding but also my first order from Monogam Chick!
The monogrammed spa wraps (mine with my new initials) turned out so cute in khaki and sage green stiching and was even wrapped all cute with matching ties. Can't wait to wear them while we are getting ready the morning of the wedding - thanks Sarah!
Friday, October 10, 2008
We're hosting a group of Canadian journalists for a client next week so I'm up to hear in media kits, tee times and hotel reservations.
Stay tuned and I'll be able to post more frequently when it is all over with!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
One month from today...
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Thanks to Erin I am the soon-to-be owner of my very own beautiful book from Blurb. A photo I took at the beach here in Southwest Florida was one of the top five winners!
Take a look at the great products they offer - I can't wait to use my prize to create one!
Monday, October 6, 2008
I was so grateful for the time and thought that went into each and every gift... it was such a nice afternoon!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
- Fresh sliced peaches
- Little tea sandwiches with pimento and cheese or cucumber
- A bag of new makeup products to learn with for my wedding
- Watching a cable showing of The Notebook
- Black and white polka dot kitchen accessories
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Today is my bridal shower - yippee! I'm so excited to curl my hair, wear a cute dress, drink punch and open presents! Some of my favorite women will be there this afternoon and I can't wait to see them all.
I'll be sure to post pictures later.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thanks to Rach, I watched this great video.
I really believe in the old saying, "if you didn't vote, you can't complain." So please, take look. It's funny and you get to watch Leonardo DiCaprio for multiple frames. Always worth it in my opinion.
If you haven't already, register to vote. If you are registered (like me!) you can do early voting or request an absentee ballot from your supervisor of elections and you won't have to wait in line on November 4.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Random: (adj.) lacking any definite plan or order or purpose
- The Wedding Edition -
- I'm going for my first (new) wedding dress fitting today. I'm excited to see what it looks like all pinned so it fits me well!
- My bridal shower is this weekend at my matron of honor's home. The group isn't too large but I've stashed away every shower gift that has been sent to me from people that aren't able to attend... so I'll have plenty to open - yippee!
- We're picking up cake samples on Saturday to make the final decision - I'm routing for strawberries and vanilla custard on at least one of the layers but promised Nick that chocolate would be in there too.
- My wedding band has arrived at the jewelers and my grandmother's diamond eternity band has been sized and is ready for pick up - cannot wait to see it all together!
- We're getting married in 37 days - wow!