I was chatting with my friend Ashley and she was talking about how she wanted to get more into reading. She knows what a book lover I am (thanks to my mother!) and requested I send her some of my favorite books and authors so she could start some of my selections and hopefully find what she really loves.
I compiled quite the list so I thought I'd share and also see if any of you had additions.
First I shared with her two great websites that help when picking your next book:
Literature Map (shows in comparison other authors to one you like)
What Should I Read Next (you enter the book you just read and it suggests others you may like)
Then I listed my favorite authors (I love everything each wrote!):
- Wally Lamb
- Anita Shreve
- Curtis Sittenfeld
- Anne Rivers Siddons
- Rebecca Wells
- Jennifer Weiner
- Alice Sebold
- The Hours by Michael Cunningham
- Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro
- What Our Mothers Didn't Tell Us by Danielle Crittenden
- Evening by Susan Minot
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan
- If I am Missing or Dead by Janine Latus
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Any other you'd like to share?