Friday, March 27, 2009

One should eat to live, not live to eat.
Cicero, Rhetoricorum LV

Now in fresh marital bliss I had certainly reached the point where I was uncomfortable with my weight. It is jokingly called "The Newlywed Nine." I knew I had to take control of my eating habits and the one and only program that has ever worked for me to lose weight is Weight Watchers. About two years ago I lost 12 pounds and I'm on my way to do it again (and keep it off!). I really love the program because it allows me to cook, eat out and enjoy food but learn to control my portions and choices.

I had my first weigh in on Wednesday and I lost 3 pounds! I already feel so much better and I am proud of my control in what I eat and what I pass on (like those gourmet cupcakes sitting in my office kitchen). So I won't dedicate a lot of posts to Weight Watchers but I will try to keep my weigh in results up to date and be sure to share an great recipes that I try out.

Here's to being a skinny-mini wife!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww good to hear you've got a successful program under your belt to start with :-) Keep up the good work! And I look forward to reading your share stories and recipes!

Anonymous said...

You can do anything you put your mind to. Don't forget nothing tastes as good as thin makes you feel!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Yay for another WW member!! It REALLY does work if you do it correctly. Great job on the -3 already! By the way, I had to delete my old blog and start using a new email address because of computer issues. So, come see me at my new one. I am still prissy southern prep. =) It is good to be back in the blogging world!

Princess Freckles said...

Good for you! I've heard so many people praise the results of WW! I look forward to learning some new recipes!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com