Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowflakes are kisses from heaven.
Author Unknown

Remember when I was excited about this dusting of snow over the weekend?

Well, it went from a dusting to, um, a lot of snow! I started on Monday night and then through Tuesday it never stopped. It's not just me being a Floridian in St. Louis, our landlord who lived here his whole life said it was a lot of snow.



Although Wednesday was a nice day, Nick couldn't even get his car back up the driveway. I think he actually got it out of the driveway with a lot of luck and momentum (he says it was skill).



Our driveway is rather long so I thought we were going to have to shovel the whole thing. Thank goodness our landlord showed up with his tractor with a plow - yippee!
We still had to shovel the walkways, front porch and clean up the sides of the driveway. I took the following photo to 1. show my first time in our big St. Louis snow and 2. to prove that I really did shovel it!

12 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Wow!! I assume you guys have been spending lots of time inside. :)

Robyn said...

Looks so pretty I live in the land of big snow, Alaska!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you have a pretty nice landlord!!

Heidi said...

I love how excited you get about snow! I have to remember you're from Florida.

The snow wasn't as nice to my household yesterday. I am posting a pic on my blog. :>(

Molly said...

Very impressive! I hate shoveling, the joys of college!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i totally couldn't shovel snow...i wouldn't even know where to start--i'm impressed!

Heather said...

Love the pics and look at all that snow, so jealous right now!!! Have fun! Hope you have power, I have heard so many don't.

Lipstick said...

I LOVE the snow pics! We just got a dusting and that was it. Boo hoo.

Megan said...

Whoa thats a lot of snow!!! Cute pic of you!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Good job on shoveling! I got the tracks for the cars in the driveway then Matt muscled up and did the whole thing!

Kris said...

I love a good snowfall. Driving in it and shoveling it are a whole other thing. Blech. It is fun to be cozy inside though!

L said...

LOVE the new look of your blog!

with love from Pittsburgh...
(p.s. We've been experiencing snow in what seems like non-stop fashion. Ugh.)

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com