Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowflakes are kisses from heaven.
Author Unknown

Remember when I was excited about this dusting of snow over the weekend?

Well, it went from a dusting to, um, a lot of snow! I started on Monday night and then through Tuesday it never stopped. It's not just me being a Floridian in St. Louis, our landlord who lived here his whole life said it was a lot of snow.



Although Wednesday was a nice day, Nick couldn't even get his car back up the driveway. I think he actually got it out of the driveway with a lot of luck and momentum (he says it was skill).



Our driveway is rather long so I thought we were going to have to shovel the whole thing. Thank goodness our landlord showed up with his tractor with a plow - yippee!
We still had to shovel the walkways, front porch and clean up the sides of the driveway. I took the following photo to 1. show my first time in our big St. Louis snow and 2. to prove that I really did shovel it!

12 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Wow!! I assume you guys have been spending lots of time inside. :)

Robyn said...

Looks so pretty I live in the land of big snow, Alaska!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you have a pretty nice landlord!!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I love how excited you get about snow! I have to remember you're from Florida.

The snow wasn't as nice to my household yesterday. I am posting a pic on my blog. :>(

Molly said...

Very impressive! I hate shoveling, the joys of college!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i totally couldn't shovel snow...i wouldn't even know where to start--i'm impressed!

Heather said...

Love the pics and look at all that snow, so jealous right now!!! Have fun! Hope you have power, I have heard so many don't.

Lipstick said...

I LOVE the snow pics! We just got a dusting and that was it. Boo hoo.

Megan said...

Whoa thats a lot of snow!!! Cute pic of you!

gv said...

Good job on shoveling! I got the tracks for the cars in the driveway then Matt muscled up and did the whole thing!

Kristen said...

I love a good snowfall. Driving in it and shoveling it are a whole other thing. Blech. It is fun to be cozy inside though!

laura said...

LOVE the new look of your blog!

with love from Pittsburgh...
(p.s. We've been experiencing snow in what seems like non-stop fashion. Ugh.)

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com