Sunday, January 4, 2009

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
Hal Borland

We had a great little trip up to Iowa for the new year. The suprise birthday party of Nick's friend Chad, who was the best man in our wedding, was turning 30 and his wife pulled off a huge surprise. He had absolutely no idea and when he saw Nick he gave him a big bear hug.

It was a great way to ring in 2009 with plenty of his old friends. Hope you all had a happy start to the year too!

Nick and the birthday boy
Nick with friends Joe and Curtis
With Jenni (Nick's friend Curtis' wife) - we had fun together!

With my handsome husband

On the way back from Iowa my car turned 100,000 miles - wow!

9 comments:

Lipstick said...

Great pics and I love the New Year's quote!

Also, I'm really impressed with the 100K mile odometer pic. When my last car turned 100K I kept watching for it and was sad that I missed it by six miles. Kinda silly, isn't it? I was still sad I missed it though.

Rue said...

Hi Randall :)

It looks like you had a great time and Happy belated Birthday to you too!!!

Happy New Year :)
rue

Anonymous said...

You do have a handsome husband and he looks so very happy, I bet it is because he has such a wonderful and lovely wife!
Your biggest fan!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i'm so glad someone else out there celebrates car mileage birthdays!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

Happy New Year! (and the other day Cooper's car was 123,456 while we were driving--crazy! I think it's about time we start looking for a new one pretty soon as I'm not sure how much longer this one will last!)

Jen's Farmily said...

I never thought my car would reach 100,000 miles and now it's at 130,000. Whew. I agree with Lipstick, I wanted to mark the momentous turning of 100,000 miles but I missed it!

Rachel H. said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you guys had a great time!

laura said...

The 100,000 mile mark--love it. I remember when I was driving my parents' car years ago and it hit 100,000 miles. I was on the Veterans Bridge, heading right into downtown Pittsburgh. It was awesome. I almost pulled over on the side of the road to celebrate, but thought it might be dangerous. Hee, hee!

with love from Pittsburgh...

Sarah said...

My baby just turned 65,000 miles old today. I remember when I got her she had 15. So sad!!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com