Friday, February 5, 2010

Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season.
One word and one word only: Super Bowl.

Bill Peterson

On Sunday we're having our first Super Bowl party. Not too many people will be able to make it, mainly because we sent the invite out kind of late, but it still should be fun. Nick's college friends, Luke and Mel, are joining us along with Mr. and Mrs. Fab. We have a few other babysitter-dependent "maybes" and more that are stopping by to and from other get togethers.

Our house is small so eight people is plenty and a good excuse to throw a little party! I'm sure the game will be good but I'm most excited about the commercials, of course.

Here's what is on the menu:
  • Chili with all the fixin's (cheese, sour cream, onions)
  • Brats from the grill with hot mustard and kraut
  • Homemade cornbread muffins
  • Homemade onion dip with chips and veggies
  • Buffalo potato wedges with warm blue cheese dip (ala Rachael Ray)
It is going to be cold so we'll have a fire going and have all the goodies for a toasty dessert of s'mores.

What's on your game day menu? Any favorites you can't live without?

8 comments:

gv said...

Sounds like fun! Wish we could come instead we'll be having birthday dinner...on Super Bowl Sunday!!! Who does that!?!

Jill said...

Yum! Your menu sounds delish. We are going to a neighborhood party - everybody is bringing something - so we should have a great choice of food.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your menu sounds perfect. I hope you have a nice day! I love chili...beef chili, turkey chili, white bean chili...I love them all.
My husband is going to the superbowl..and It looks like it might be a cool day. Perfect for chili.

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I'm so excited to come! The menu sounds divine!

I hope you are cheering for the Saints...because WE ARE!! :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you have the best Super Bowl party in town!

Samantha said...

Sounds like a GREAT menu!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted you to know I went private on my blog. I'd like to send you an invite. If interested please email me at pinkpolkadotaa@aol.com Thanks!

Angie said...

I so wish I was able to make it, bu I know I'll be tired. Have fun with Heidi!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com