Thursday, November 18, 2010

Food is the most primitive form of comfort.
Sheila Graham

With the recent time change and the feeling that the world is ending at about 4:45 p.m. every evening when the sun goes down I was craving a really cozy dinner on Sunday night. I usually do a bigger-than-usual sit down dinner on Sundays and since we'd been out of town and traveling the last few weeks I was excited to get something together.

Since I saw it posted on another blog, all I could think about was Chicken Spaghetti. It's not healthy but, oh man, it just sounded so good. I knew it would be the perfect warm comfort food dinner for Sunday night.

It's very easy and so far has made awesome lunch leftovers this week. I actually think it tastes better as the flavors meld together. I served it with steamed mixed veggies and it passed the husband clean-plate-club-taste-test as well.

Chicken Spaghetti
4 boneless chicken breast
8oz Velveeta (cubed)
1 can Rotel
1 can Cream of Mushroom (I used Cream of Chicken & Mushroom to limit the mushroom-y taste but you can use what you want)
1 package spaghetti noodles (I used whole wheat)
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil or bake chicken (I cooked mine for a few hours in the slow cooker with 1/4 cup of water)

Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions (I cooked mine in water and 2 cups chicken broth)

Cut chicken into bite-size cubes.

In pan combine can of soup, can of Rotel, cubed Velveeta in pan and heat over low to medium heat until Velveeta melts

Once heated through, combine with noodles and chicken

Mix together, season to taste and serve (I had to keep it warm for a while so I put it in a casserole dish and baked it)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to try this using the Trader Joe's condensed mushroom soup. It is supposed to serve the same purpose as the Campbell's stuff only the ingredient list is all stuff I can say. :)

gv said...

You always have the best recipes Randall!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hubby and I were just saying last night how early it's been getting dark! seems even earlier than it usually is this time of year! :) Oh my, that baked spaghetti sounds so yummy! I'm bookmarking it! :)

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com