Thursday, November 27, 2008

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

I hope you all enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving. I am "hosting" my very first full dinner, to be cooked by yours truly, at our new home in St. Louis. It will just be me, my mom who is in town visiting and Nick. A small group but delicious just the same!

Our menu will include all of the favorites I have grown up with like roasted turkey with sausage stuffing, green beans with slivered almonds, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and corn bread pudding. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert (Nick's favorite!).

Nick has to work all day so my mom will be enjoying cinnamon toast with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (it's our breakfast tradition!) and then cooking all day in our PJs.

Sounds like plenty to be thankful for to me!

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving Holiday! I wish I could enjoy the parade in my pajamas! Ha-Ha! :)

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

post some pictures of that yummy feast please!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com