Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Through the years we all will be together if the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now
Judy Garland

The stockings were hung by the chimey with care...

Erm, okay I don't have stockings this year.

But I do have a lovely stack of presents, a warm fire and plenty of chocolate chip cookies. Nick has to work today and then we're trying out a new church for Christmas Eve services.

Christmas morning is just us with presents and a big yummy breakfast and then we're joining my lovely St. Louis friend and fellow Tri Delta, Sarah, at her parent's home. They graciously invited us and we're looking forward to having a special place to enjoy dinner on Christmas.

I have now promised up and down to all holiday angels that I will forever invite anyone who may not have a place for Easter/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Fourth of July to our home! It just means so much to be welcomed in. My mom always, always did this and I will be sure to as well!

It's my first Christmas not at home but I'm looking forward to making our own new traditions. We have a lovely Christmas planned and I'm looking forward to snuggling on the couch with a fuzzy tabby cat in between!

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com