There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.
Isn't it funny that now that the first day of October has ticked over, all of those October birthday-people are beginning to exclaim celebration for their month? You don't really hear it from those other months... it's those crazy Scorpios and Libras.
Good thing two of my favorite people have October birthdays, my mom and Melissa, so I can certainly appreciate the excitement.
So on this first day of October, I will say rabbit, rabbit as usual and look forward to:
- seeing Stephen Lynch this weekend with Nick!
- traveling to a big ol' pumpkin patch to get fall goodies with Angie and Heidi (along with Mr. Fab and T).
- my aunt and uncle will be in St. Louis visiting so they'll be coming over to see our house for the first time and go to dinner.
- heading to the Mizzou v. Husker game, my first time in Columbia, with Nick's parents and brother (go Huskers!).
- a big group of Nick's family is coming for a weekend vacation to celebrate his grandma's 80th birthday and Nick has the whole weekend off so he can join in on everything.
- going to Chicago for a long weekend to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday.
- my first honest to goodness Halloween where I can decorate the front porch and hand out candy to trick-o-treaters.