Monday, May 24, 2010

...and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
Alexander, The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday was seriously the longest day ever.

I started off the morning with a few errands and ended up stranded in front of Einstein Bros. Bagels for 2 hours until my car decided that it would start.

Then after grocery shopping, I spent another 2 and a half hours in the sweltering parking lot with a car that wouldn't start. Needless to say my ice cream melted, I had to miss my afternoon visit to Angie and my car is now being checked out at the mechanic. Boo.

Hmmm... what will it be this time? Nick's bet is on the alternator, I say perhaps an issue with the battery. Either way, I'd just appreciate a car that turns on and if that could happen for less than $500. Okay, less than $200 would be better.

Thankfully, I did get groceries, albeit slightly gooey and warm by the time they made it home, so Nick and I enjoyed a delicious dinner: grilled pork tenderloin with a peppercorn marinade, grilled corn on the cob and a big fresh salad. We've been hit or miss lately (and also doing a few too many "every man for himself" these past weeks) so it was great to have a home run last night.

Hungry husband is excited.

Yum. Delicious end to a crappy day.

7 comments:

gv said...

What a day! Hope your car gets better soon. That dinner looks delish!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Glad you had a yummy dinner. It looks delicious. Hope it tis nothing serious with your car. That stinks.

Ashley (whole-ier) said...

I remember when you first got that car, you said to me "People told me that repairs would be expensive, but I dont care, its perfectly Tri Delta"

lol

(assuming it's the same car that took us to the DMB concert)

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Love the picture!
Sorry your day was bad! :( Remember you can always call me to rescue you!!

We made grilled pork tenderloin and corn on the cob last night too! :)

Sarah said...

Did Angie tell you that my car stopped working yesterday? It ended up being the battery (original that was 6 years old,) but it was still $150 I wasn't planning to spend. That sucks that you had all of your groceries.

Angie said...

Are you free this sunday? Or the one after that? Don't forget about me now lol.

USCEmily said...

Car troubles are the worst! Not only do you have to shell out a lot of money, but you also have to figure out how to get around without your car. What a pain! Hope it all works out soon!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com