Friday, February 11, 2011

Random: lacking any definite plan or order or purpose
  • Today is my wonderful father's birthday. We always recognize today and Father's Day through the year even though he isn't here to celebrate. And we are sure he is thrilled to be in heaven and not have to turn 66(!).
  • We are on round 496 (okay, round 3) of trying to find a rental in the Quad Cities so we don't have to live in the golf shop. Fingers crossed we've narrowed it down to two prospects and should have a decision today.
  • The low tonight in the Quad Cities is 6 degrees. I'm going to need to upgrade my outerwear.
  • I know I grew up with terrible allergies but it still amazes me to see my entire body break out in hives and red splotches simply due to fragrance added to a common pharmacy item. As Nick said, "That's impressive."
  • Winnie is operating at a high level of naughtiness lately. Poor thing just has cabin fever but she is sort of driving me out.of.my.mind.
  • 37 days until I get to spend a week in Vegas with Ashley. I am so fortunate to have the time with her before the baby comes - lots of fun together and I'm throwing a baby shower. Yippee!
  • I treated myself to a movie on Wednesday afternoon while Nick was working in the Quad Cities and saw Black Swan. I knew it was going to be weird but I loved it. The dancing is what I really adored (I could smell the resin!) but I just thought the whole thing was fascinating. Totally creepy and disturbing but well worth every award nomination.
  • I rarely eat candy (I'd rather have cheese) however driving for four hours each way and forth to the Quad Cities makes me want those sour gummy worms in the gas station. And the caramel bulls eyes. And the Red Vines. Damn.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I am so sorry to hear your doggie is driving you nuts. That happens to ours as well, and it can be really frustrating. I hope you have a great weekend anyway!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sorry about the rental, the unhappy doggie and your amazing allergies.
I can't believe you are moving somewhere even colder.
You are going to have to purchase a treadmill for Winnie. Or a doggie gym membership???

gv said...

Good luck with the rental house, take it easy on Winnie-the girl just wants some warm weather, and you totally deserve some candy!!!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com