Monday, October 4, 2010

I don't know if I want to go to New York. They'll have to pay me a lot more money because I like it here in Kansas City.
Roger Maris

This past weekend Nick and I drove across the state to spend 24 hours in Kansas City with Ashley and CJ. They swung through in between work trips to catch their favorite team, the Tampa Bay Rays, play the Kansas City Royals. We always have so much fun together and this time was no different!

With Ashley at the hotel before the game.

Great seats at Kauffman Stadium.

With my favorite baseball fan (wearing my baseball watching glasses - I can SEE!)

With Ashley and CJ after the game.

On Sunday we visited beautiful Country Club Plaza.

Delicious BBQ at Fiorella's Jack Stack.

As a transplanted Missourian, I had never spent time in Kansas City and I really loved it! The game was great in the beautiful stadium and I was so impressed with Country Club Plaza and the surrounding areas. It wasn't at all as I pictured. Thanks Kansas City for a lovely 24 hours with three of my favorite people!

6 comments:

gv said...

Jack Stack's is where we ate at after my half! KC is a lot of fun, glad you had a good time!

Ashes said...

You look so cute with glasses you should wear them more often.

In This Wonderful Life said...

what a SMALL WORLD!! That's too funny. I just texted Brent and told him to read your comment. You should have came and found me :)

Looks like you guys had fun too! :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh yay, glad you enjoyed my home town!! Jack Stack is sooo good. Please tell me that you indulged in their tower of onion rings. Yum yum!

The Preppy Princess said...

Oh, too-too fun! Fall baseball is such a good time, especially with friends. Good for you!

Sending you a smile,
tp

Liz said...

My husband and I had pretty much the exact same weekend earlier this summer - drove in town to see the Royals/Cardinals, ate at Jack Stack and came home.

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com