Monday, October 25, 2010

...may the bonds of love be
all else above
our fraternity.
Tri Delta song Alpha Theta Phi

Seven years ago today, I had the unique opportunity to be a founding member of my sorority. Even more, I was the colony president and had the honor of accepting our charter as well as the various gifts from alumnae and the foundation. We were the very first chartered Greek organization on my university's campus and I'm proud to say the chapter is still going strong.

Here's to many, many more birthdays for the Epsilon Alpha chapter of Delta Delta Delta at Florida Gulf Coast University!

Accepting the chapter president pin from the Naples alumnae president.

The chapter gavel, used at every meeting, was a gift from the Tri Delta Foundation.

3 comments:

Sara Elizabeth said...

That is so amazing that you are one of your Chapter's founding members and served as colony President. We had founders of our chapter, Beta Iota, at Homecoming this year and to think that our chapter wouldn't even be here if it weren't for those amazing women! I personally always strive to live up to the ideals set by our Founders and other influential Sisters. You are one of my inspirations! DL

Casey said...

Happy Anniversary sorority girl! :)

gv said...

What an honor! That gavel looks great in your hands. We missed you on Saturday!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com