Friday, October 1, 2010

Way down yonder in New Orleans
In the land of dreamy scenes
There's a garden of Eden
You know what I mean.
Louis Armstrong

According to my mother and my dear friend Melissa, October is simply the best.month.ever. They are October birthday babies, one day a part in fact, so they relish their favorite month in celebration. And considering they are two of my favorite people in the world, I say, celebrate on.

In a few weeks, my mom and I are heading to New Orleans for her birthday weekend. Last year, you may remember, we went to Chicago. Since we had so much fun, we thought it would be best for everyone involved (well, that's just us) to do it again. Growing up we traveled a lot and were always non-repeat travelers seeing new places with each trip.

Thinking of cities I've never been to, and ones my mom hasn't been to in years, New Orleans topped the list. We're staying in the French Quarter, taking a Garden District Tour (complete with cemetery visits), seeing Tulane, going church on Sunday at The Saint Louis Cathedral, walking, shopping and eating! We also may visit the Audubon Nature Insitute.

Any favorite stops or sights you have in New Orleans?




Rabbit, rabbit!

4 comments:

gv said...

Never been there but have fun! As soon as I saw your post before I even scrolled down, I said Rabbit! Rabbit!

Jen said...

Cafe du Monde - is amazing. It's in the French Quarter. You have to have a benet - they are deelish!

Angie said...

rabbit rabbit!
I LOVE nawlins! I would recommend shopping on Magazine street. It has amazing boutiques and stores. We did a walking tour one day and that was awesome, and we also did a haunted tour of the french quarter at night, but it was cheesey. I don't know if you'll have time or a car but we drove down there so we had cars and we drove out to Oak Alley Plantation and toured it. OMG it was awesome, but again you'd have to have transportation. Lots of plantations down there. Gotta try a muffaletta sammy at the City Grocer. I also loved the Garden District and cafe du monde, chickory coffee yum!

Liz said...

I think two people already said Cafe Du Monde, but you absolutely MUST go there! I went every day, sometimes twice a day, when I visited. Oh and I met John Stamos there so you know it's good.

Also, Angie said City Grocer for a muffaletta and I 100% agree. They're famous for having the best (and I think the original), but you wouldn't know it by going there. Just get one, or even a half and share it. They're HUGE!

The Bourbon House on Bourbon Street is very good. They're known for their oyster bar, but all of their food is good.

We also ate at Emeril's restaurant there (it was our 2nd anniversary) but it was just so-so for me. There's a place called Mother's that apparently has THE BEST breakfast, but we heard the line is always crazy long and it wasn't near the French Quarter so we didn't end up trying it. But if you do, let me know! I love New Orleans!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com