Friday, January 4, 2008

Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married.
The Dixie Cups
The day we were engaged was a pretty wonderful day to begin with. December 30 was by 25th birthday and I was hosting a cocktail part (if you're not going to throw yourself and party, who will?). So I spend the morning at my mom's house out of town and enjoyed breakfast and presents.

I headed back to my home in the early afternoon to buzz around to prepare stuff for the party. Nick arrived around 3 p.m. and then good friends from out of town arrived at 5 p.m. Lots of yummy food and good conversation.


At about 8 p.m. Ashley (in the tan jacket above) made this big fuss about having me blow out the candles on my cake and everyone sing happy birthday. So she shuffled me around the other side of the kitchen to, as I later see was so obvious, to set me up in a good position. I found out later that Nick had pulled aside both Ashley and Casey (in the cranberry v-neck sweater) to let them know. They were both in tears and so happy... but composed themselves very well around me!



All of a sudden Nick grabbed my hand and got everyone's attention that he had an announcment. I still had no idea. I didn't understand what he was doing...




He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I love my friend my friend's face behind us the whole time. Everyone was so surprised!



Putting the ring on my finger...


Lots of kisses and hugs...


We're engaged!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is so sweet! So you were really surprised!?! What a fun way to spend your 25th bday! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the look on Nick's face when he's down on his knee. Pure adoration! Congratulations once again!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm soo excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats :) And yes, red-heads rock as you know. haha.

Anonymous said...

What a great story. And it's all on camera. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's so great! You will always cherish those pictures. Too cool. Thanks for sharing them and your story.

Anonymous said...

did you cry? i love your proposal story...and you have pictures! did your mom know beforehand?

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com