Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

I watch too much TV. It's a fact that my mother reminds me of constantly. It's not that I sit on the couch all evening and watch "the boob tube." It is just something I have on while cooking, cleaning or working on my thesis.

Because I do watch I a lot of TV, I am very loyally to a few shows in particular. I'll share some of my favorites with you... even better, they were all on last night.

Jon & Kate + Eight
This is the only "girly" show Nick will actually sit and watch. I love them, their kids and how they parent. They make me laugh and although they aren't perfect they do a damn good job.

Intervention
Fascinating, sad and just plain old interesting. Makes you really glad you don't do Heroin.

The Hills
Guiltiest pleasure of them all. Nick refuses to watch this and rolls his eyes whenever I do. I. cannot.stop.watching. The season premier was on last night and I only got through the first 10 minutes before I fell asleep... but I know they will air it only 37,000 times between now and next week.

Bizarre Foods with Andew Zimmern
Don't watch during dinner unless you have a strong stomach. But I love seeing all the places and cultures during his travels (and it makes me thankful to be eating a Lean Cuisine and not a spider. Ew.).

So that's how I waste some time (but hey, I folded laundry during Intervention!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Jon and Kate fan too and The Hills. Ty will usually sit through Jon and Kate with me, but leaves when The Hills come on.

Rachel H. said...

I LOVE The Hills too....I can't believe that you fell asleep. I usually fall asleep or go to sleep at 10:00 PM, but I definitely didn't last night. I had to watch the entire thing. Anyways, that's the only one that I actually watch, but I try to do laundry (iron / fold clothes) while they are on too!

A Texas Gal said...

All of those are shows I watch too but only while trying to get other things done as well! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm a jon &kate fan too
kimberley

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com