Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm tired of hearing it said that democracy doesn't work. Of course it doesn't work. We are supposed to work it.
Alexander Woollcott

I had the treat yesterday to attend Junior League Lobby Day at Missouri's state capitol in Jefferson City. We joined Leagues from around the state for a lovely day at the capitol. I love government and politics so it was wonderful to have a bit of an insider's view of Missouri, my new state.

State capitol building
While in the capitol building we had a brief meeting with Representative Rachel Storch who is from a St. Louis district. We had a meet and greet with Governor Jay Nixon in his office (with a photo op, but I don't have that yet!) and explored the Whispering Room in the building's rotunda.

We then headed over the Governor's Mansion for a brief tour and lunch.

Sign outside the gates

Missouri Governor's Mansion

Such a pretty table


It was such an honor to attend this day as a Junior League new member. Our small group from St. Louis had a lot of fun and I was able to get to know each of them.

My first trip to Missouri's state capitol!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a fun day - I love historical buildings and I'll bet the inside of the mansion was as impressive as the outside!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com