Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.
Joe Moore


Nick's parents came for a short visit over the long weekend. Although Nick had to work on Sunday, I headed over to the Saint Louis Zoo with his parents.

We explored the rest of the zoo in the morning and although it was cold the elephants were enjoying the sunshine!



On Sundays, when the temperature is below 50 degrees the zoo "walks" the penguins. I'd heard it was fun but never actually took the time to go see it - it was worth the trip! I thought that they'd really have to lead them out but the doors of the exhibit and out they walked, er, waddled!

It was hard to take photos with all of the people but you can see the one standing next to the zoo keeper. So cute - how can you not smile at a penguin!


2 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

Wow girl, you are better than I am! I would be be out there walking around in the chilly weather! Its gotta be around 60 for me to venture out to the zoo! Love elephants...they are so wonderful and amazing creatures!

Princess Freckles said...

How cool! I love penguins!! That's my favorite exibit!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com