Thursday, September 17, 2009

If God wanted women to understand men,
football would never have been created.

Roger Simon

Now that the fall season is underway by weekends tend to be a full-on combination of pro football (go Dolphins!), college football (go Huskers!), baseball (go Braves!), golf (go Zach Johnson!) and horse racing (go the-horse-I-bet-on!).

Needless to say, I'm all caught up on magazines, have been reading a lot of books, scrapbooking, etc. It's not that I don't like all of the sports, I just have a hard time getting into it.

But I will say a really fun thing we started doing recently is attending a St. Louis watch party for the Nebraska Huskers. They have three locations in the area for each game because the majority of the Husker games are on pay-per-view television. Like this week, it's on network television but the past two weeks it hasn't been. So if you don't want to pay to get the game, you can join in with other Husker fans and watch it together at a watch location.


It's so neat to walk into a place full of scarlet and cream clad Husker fans. They play the fight song over the sound system and there are constant eruptions of cheers and chants. I love it! The place we have gone most often also has really good food. With the nice weather it's lovely to sit out on the patio, have a delicious pizza and cheer for the Huskers!

The cutest Husker fan I know!

6 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

That sounds like tons of fun! Our house has become sports central as well. Only add in some Nascar...not really a sport in my opinion, but we don't like to have that debate in my house! :)

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like fun...our house is sports central too, and I would much rather have everyone drink and spill things on someone else's floor. :)

gv said...

Check out my blog tomorrow afternoon...I'm leaving you an award!

Anonymous said...

Our house is sports central -- we got the NFL Ticket just so we wouldn't have to spend $$$$$ at sports bars for the game since The Boyfriend isn't from here...

Anonymous said...

That does sound like fun! Don't you just love football season!

Heather said...

What alot of fun! We love having peeps over too for games, although we haven't done it in a while!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com