Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content.
Proverb

We had one of those rare weekends a while back where Nick was actually out of work on a Sunday before 1 p.m. We took advantage of the beautiful spring weather and all the free amenities St. Louis has to offer.

After sitting in traffic in Forest Park for what seemed like forever, we finally got a parking spot and headed on foot to the Saint Louis Zoo and up Art Hill to the Saint Louis Art Museum.

Beautiful trees in bloom near the zoo.

Funny Guy Fieri hair attached to a zoo visor.

One of my favorite exhibits at the zoo, the penguins!

On top of Art Hill.

In front of the museum (we appreciated the shade!)

I love her (in the Impressionist gallery)!

3 comments:

Casey said...

1. Nick looks pretty good with white-blonde hair!
2. I had no idea that sculpture was in St. Louis. She is my absolute favorite!

Princess Freckles said...

Degas is my favorite! Obviously, the ballet thing! There was a traveling exhibit that visited the Detroit Institute of Arts, and it was fantastic!

Penguins are also my fav! I always visit them first when I go to the zoo.

Angie said...

what an awesome way to spend a sunday. I think st. louis has one of the best zoos in the country, and it's still free! I love the art museum too. If Nick is busy working on a sundy coming up and you wanna go to the zoo again lemme know! I'm dying to take Nick there.

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com