Friday, April 9, 2010

You give me a gift? Bam! Thank You note. You invite me somewhere? Pow! RSVP. You do me a favor? Wham! Favor returned. Do not test my politeness.
Andy Bernard,The Office

Did you know that April is National Letter Writing and Card Month?

I love to receive snail mail. How can you beat a thick card envelope with a handwritten address? Not only has it become a special treat to receive with all of the email, Facebook, Twitter and blogging communication but notes are fun to send too!

I love sending celebration cards for birthdays, anniversaries, new babies or engagements and thank you notes for just about anything. You cannot deny the smile that creeps across your face when you receive a heartfelt note of joy or thanks. I doubt you'll ever hear someone say, "Gosh, I wish they really hadn't sent me that birthday card."

So I hope sometime this month you pick up an extra "thinking of you" card or write a note of thanks for a kind gesture.

(and what a great excuse to buy cute stationary!)

6 comments:

Casey said...

It always brightens my day to get cards! Every time I think "I need to get better about doing that." And then I forget. You have just re-motivated me... again :)

emily said...

oh its my favorite! i just bought some new staionary the other day!! ill put one in the mail today just because of this post!! :)

Ashley (whole-ier) said...

I received a postcard from a friend last week and it totally made my day!

gv said...

Great idea! Thanks for letting us know. Snail mail is the best.

Brittany said...

I love that quote!

Jill said...

I'd love to write a pretty note and send your Target card to you ...ha ha. Email me your mailing address girlfriend! I don't want you to think I'm a slacker blogger giveaway-er but I don't think you've sent me your mailing address??

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com