Thursday, April 22, 2010

I love people who can make me laugh.
I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh.
It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.

Audrey Hepburn

Today I'm participating in Kelly's Korner with "Show Us Your Life." This week's topic is our love story.

We had a romantic start.

We met at a bar.

Swoon.

But really, my dear friend Ashley picked him up at said bar for me. She was in a serious relationship, to the man to whom she is now married, and helped her single friend out. With a big group of nice looking guys standing around, she promptly went around and introduced herself to each one.

"Nice to meet you. Where are you from? Where do you work?"

Soon, I heard her call, "Oh, Randall..." and motion me over.

"Randall, this is Nick," she introduced.

"Nick, this is Randall."

Ashley paused, "Excuse me, I have to use the ladies room."

As she walked away, Nick turned to me and said, "So, is she seeing anyone?"

I replied, "Yes, seriously actually."

Nick said, "Oh, are you?"

"Nope," I said.

"Alrighty," he replied.

So an Iowa corn-fed boy fell in love with a Florida girl.


Let's just say, she did well.


Three years later Nick got down on one knee in front of friends young and old at my 25th birthday party to ask me to be his wife.


We were married on November 8, 2008.


Can't wait to laugh with this man for the rest of my life.

13 comments:

gv said...

Aww...so sweet! Great job Ashley!!!

Heather said...

Ha love this, Matt is an Iowa boy too! Born in ND, but only lived there a year before moving to Iowa! Y'all are so cute!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Great story! And what a beautiful bride you were! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is an amazing story. Yes, your friend did very well for you!!!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

beautiful!!
and i feel like i've known you for most of that time!!
so happy that i've been around to watch your love grow!

Casey said...

And thank you for making me cry ;)

Ash said...

Every time I remember/hear/read this story I smile. :-) xo!

Angela said...

What a sweet, sweet story! Picture perfect couple!

Kristen said...

That is such a sweet story - bar and all! I love love love your wedding veil, it's gorgeous!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Fabulous said...

Awe, love it! And love you both!!

heather said...

How sweet!! Sometimes friends really do know best!!

Gwen said...

So cute!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com