Friday, April 22, 2011

Every dog must have his day.
Jonathan Swift

One part about this area of Iowa that we live in are the amazing community amenities. I joined the local YMCA and have four branches to choose from for classes and facilities. Beautiful parks along the Mississippi River. And, there is a local dog park that we've heard a lot about.

Do you have children?

Uh, no. We have a Beagle.

Oh, a dog? You have to go to the Bettendorf dog park!


So I got Winnie's rabies' vaccination registered with the city and she was clear to head to the local dog park. Five beautiful acres, full fenced with 6 foot chain link, benches, doggie water fountains and, of course, many delicious Beagle-friendly smells.

Nick and Winnie heading to the dog park gates.

Heading in to check it out (sniffsniffsniff).

I was worried that as an only dog-child, she would not enjoy being in a big area with a bunch of dogs. But she really did love it! She mostly sniffed every square inch of the park and didn't have much interest in playing but she had fun and that's all that matters.

I just love this video because it captures her pure Beagle-filled joy. Ignore my shrill voice (I was praising her for coming when she was called!):

2 comments:

gv said...

I bet she was wore out and slept well that night!

Anonymous said...

And my granddog is finally free!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com