Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work,
sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.

Vince Lombardi

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to meet up with my father-in-law at an event at the University of Iowa's Kinnick Stadium. My in laws have been involved with a organization called Camp Courageous for years and each year the host an event for the campers to meet the Iowa football players and tour the stadium.

On Saturday I helped serve lunch, got a poster signed by the 2o11 Hawkeye seniors and a tour of the stadium. It was an amazing event. Not just because of the beautiful stadium and rubbing shoulders with the (very cute, very tall) football players but also seeing the look of pure joy on the campers' faces being able to participate in a wonderful day like this.

Here's a great article from the event, and here are my fun pictures:


Serving lunch to over 150 people

Welcome from head coach Kirk Ferentz

The group of players lined up to sign and greet.

The kids were so excited!

View of the stadium from the suites.

Sign in the locker room.

My father-in-law, Joe, in Ricky Stanzi's locker.

Some players showing us around the locker room.

Heading out to the field through the tunnel.

On the field!

The whole group.

With some of the players. I wanted a picture because 1.) they were really nice and cute and 2.) I felt extremely dainty and petite next to them and I wanted to capture the moment!

1 comment:

gv said...

Wow! Those are some big boys.

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com