Friday, March 26, 2010

Books are delightful society. If you go into a room and find it full of books - even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome.
William Ewart Gladstone

Yesterday I posted about my running list of books that I need to buy because I had to return them to the library. Two friends suggested a site called Good Reads which I had to check out! I did sign up and I'm just getting started but it is such a neat concept. I'm looking forward to having a better way of keeping track of what I've read and get good recommendations on what to read next.

I generally read just fiction but I'm also incorporating more and more non-fiction. Although I do enjoy learning new things on various topics I tend to not "get into" non-fiction as I do with a great novel. So I've started reading two books at a time, one non-fiction and one fiction. The switching back and forth creates a nice balance.

Right now, I'm reading:


My current non-fiction selection. I love Bethenny Frankel on TV and really enjoy her perspective on "eating & thinking like a thin person."

Sue Miller is one of my favorite authors who I discovered after reading The Senator's Wife. I'm now working my way through all of her books.

3 comments:

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I love Bethanny too! She is my fav RHONY cast member. Let me know how the book is. I need to "think and act" like I'm thin! :)

Jill said...

I love Bethanny and Sue Miller! Bethanny seems to be the only sane one on the RHONY this year - all that cat fighting at the catwalk just does me in. And so happy she found a great guy! I think her wedding is this weekend.

emily said...

i would love to hear how naturally thin was after you have read it all!! i love the RH newyork!!! haha :) have a great week!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com