Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Elwood, The Blues Brothers

I love my car but as the years have gone by it has become less and less reliable. Now it is doing this not-wanting-to-start-thing that is beyond frustrating. Our regular car guy, who I love, said there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, it had to be the computer. It wasn't telling the car the right messages, leading to it not working properly.

Ouch. Just saying that "something is wrong with the Volkswagen's computer" sounds expensive. The only people who can run an analysis and fix a VW computer is the dealership. "Dealership" also brings the sound of a cash register to my ear - cha ching!

So I've put it off and put it off but finally last week made the appointment to have it looked at by our local VW dealer. I will say I was very impressed this morning with the quick assistance, the service manager was very nice and took down my whole story of problems. He agreed with the issues I described when he went and moved the car.

Even complimented me that it was the cleanest and in best condition 9-year-old car he's seen in a while. Thank.you.very.much. Now make it work, buddy! They'll be calling me this afternoon with the verdict. Let's hope it isn't an expensive answer.

The best part of dropping it off this morning before work is that I get to drive a loaner car all day - a brand new, cherry red Jetta. Tan leather interior. Oh this is dangerous, people! I'd just like to say, "you keep mine, I'll take this one!"

So here's hoping they'll call with an easy-peasy fix and I'll get my little Jetta back (even though she's aging, I still love her) in tip top shape.

9 comments:

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Hope little Jetta gets well soon (and Mama doesn't get an expensive bill!!)

Princess Freckles said...

Oh I hope all ends well! I just got a black Jetta in November, and I lov eit so much! I must agree with you, also, that the dealership is so friendly and professional.

Casey said...

I have to agree with the dealership-guy... you do pretty much have the cleanest car on the face of the planet. Good job with that. Wanna come clean mine out? :)

Jill said...

Good luck! May the repairs be small and your bill even smaller.

Sarah said...

Oh this is dangerous, people! I'd just like to say, "you keep mine, I'll take this one!"

This is exactly what they are hoping you will say.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I had a little yellow VW Beetle that I put over 100,000 miles on, and just recently had to part with! I LOVED that little thing! I hope your repairs are quick and easy! Parting is such sweet sorrow!!

Cecilia said...

Eek. Car troubles always make me sooooo nervous. I am so lucky that my brother in law and father in law are mechanics. They have saved us a ton.

Cecilia said...

Eek. Car troubles always make me sooooo nervous. I am so lucky that my brother in law and father in law are mechanics. They have saved us a ton.

Angie said...

Having an unreliable car is the worst. Here's to hoping it's not too pricey to get her back in tip top condition.

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com