Thursday, March 25, 2010

My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter.
Thomas Helm

It's no mystery that I love to read.

Unfortunately, my budget does not allow for multiple new book purchases a month so I've been using my local (and wonderful!) library. Because I love reading and books so much I have a very hard time handing them back over when I'm finished. If I buy a book, I keep it forever but, much to my dismay, the library wants theirs back!

So I have been dutifully handing them back over and selecting a new title but not before making note in a running Word doc I have of all of the books the library made me give back. Then one day, hopefully not too long from now, when I have extra book-buying income I will purchase them all to add to my shelves!

Crazy?

Perhaps.

But, really, what better decor can a home have than floor to ceiling shelves filled with wonderful books?

Are you reading anything good?

6 comments:

Liz said...

You should try GoodReads.com. It lets you have "virtual" bookshelves so you can keep track of what books you read, when you read them, and even write reviews and ratings to tell what you thought about them. And, it's a social networking site so you can "friend" people and share recommendations. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Alison said...

That is great that you are using the library!! I need to do that too! There are some "beach reads" that I probably don't really need to have as a permanent addition to my shelves!

gv said...

What book are you reading? I'm still trying to start the book swap book I received!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i'm reading 'a homemade life' from my local library. it's a coobook/blog-type of book and i really love it. :-)

Angie said...

I ditto Liz on goodreads.com. that site is amazing! Be my friend, I'm Angie K. It keeps that list for you, plus if you like an author or style is suggests others just like it! Knowing I was gonna be in the hosp I checked out a couple, the one i am reading now is sooo good, called Priceless by Marne Davis Kellogg. It's like the Thomas Crowne Affair.

Anonymous said...

Every women should read the Necklace!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com