Friday, September 3, 2010

College football is a sport that bears the same relation
to education that bullfighting does to agriculture.

Elbert Hubbard

Lest we forget, tomorrow is the beginning of college football season in our home. Don't worry, there is still plenty of baseball to watch. Oh, and pro football is on its way too. Winnie is ready to snarf bratwursts and homemade chili from the Crock Pot in her snazzy, new Miami Dolphins color.

But tomorrow, is the first game of the season for Nick's beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers. Yes, he's from Iowa. No, he doesn't like the Hawkeyes.

Nick's dad was born in Nebraska, always loved the team and then passed it on to his two sons.
I have a Nebraska Huskers bird feeder, salt and pepper shakers and the flag flying from my front porch. Yes, I'd say I married a lifelong fan.
Nick at his bachelor party - a Nebraska Huskers game, of course!

Nick and his brother, Matt, at the Nebraska v. Mizzou game last Fall.

Tomorrow we were graciously invited to watch the first game at the home of a woman I met in Junior League. She was literally the very first person I met in the League at the information session I attended. It was our topic of conversation because she moved from Nebraska and, well, my house is covered in it. Both her and her husband are big Huskers fans. I'm looking forward to donning our scarlet and cream, breaking out my Nebraska platter for homemade sausage balls (ala Paula Deen).

Happy college football season to all and Go Big Red!

At the Nebraska Huskers game v. Mizzou last Fall - it rained the WHOLE TIME but we won!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smart wife to get involved with what her husband loves!

gv said...

Have fun!!! Hope Paula doesn't let you down but I'm sure they'll be fabulous!

Lipstick said...

Have fun! I am so ready for football too....seems like it has been forever!

Sarah said...

While I can't get behind the whole Nebraska thing, (Hook 'em Horns!) I am so psyched for college FB! I only wish I had a FB friend to watch with. :(

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun today! I know there was excitement around here for the beginning of the season!!

Casey said...

GO GATORS!! I can only say that here b/c they don't play Nebraska and b/c you're my best friend and you have to love me anyway :) Hope you had fun!!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com