Monday, September 20, 2010

I think most dancers would agree that the art of ballet
chooses the dancer, not the other way around.

Kevin McKenzie

Yesterday I treated myself to a movie on a very rainy, unproductive Sunday. My mom had loved seeing Mao's Last Dancer in the local indi-movie theater in Sarasota and I headed to the Landmark Plaza Frontenac Cinema for the first time to see it as well.

The little theater, set right in the fanciest mall in St. Louis, features all of the smaller movies not seen in regular theaters. It is very pretty space, small screens and it was just $7 for the first show of the day.

The movie was marvelous. So interesting because it was a true story and it combined my love of ballet and fascination with China. It also really drove home the harsh realities of Communist China.

If you have a few hours to spare, be sure to take the time to see this beautiful movie!


3 comments:

gv said...

Sounds like a perfect rainy day activity!

CRICKET said...

I loved the old theater we went to in Denver. I need to find one in our new town.

Casey said...

It's the girl from Center Stage!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com