Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn't illegal.
Voltaire


This past weekend while in St. Louis, Nick and I had a few "let's go there" places on our to do list in between buying window shades and getting Dish Network installed.


One of them, I have heard of forever (I watch a lot of Food Network specials!) so I was excited to visit. Ted Drewes Frozen Custard is a local icon of Route 66 eateries. The location we visited in South County has been there since 1941.


We went about 9 p.m. so I thought we'd be sitting alone in a nearly empty shop but much to my surprise there were police on the street directing traffic! There were so many cars parked all over and hundreds of people waiting in line and standing around enjoying their treats. It was a mob scene but delicious! Nick had his with chocolate syrup and I chose their special Hawaiian Delight (pineapple, banana, coconut and macadamia nuts).


Of course, I am technically still a tourist so I had to get my picture taken!



And I've added it to our "if you come visit us in St. Louis we'll take you here" list!

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com