Monday, August 4, 2008

You get whatever accomplishment you are willing to declare.
Georgia O'Keeffe

I spent the weekend with my mom and checked two big wedding "to dos" off of the list:

Florist
Met with the florist, who was great. I had the look I wanted but don't have my heart set on any specific flower. He was able to really break down what was important and base it around what is in season in November. Just an overall great meeting!

I should be getting a proposal this week. Considering we are only using a florist for bouquets, boutennaires and corsages (no centerpieces, church decorations, etc.) I have to hope that it doesn't break the bank. I'd really like to work with them as a vendor.

Rehearsal Dinner
This has been the bane of my existance since all the wedding planning started. I am not an indecisive person... I know what I want, so when I see it, I go for it.

The problem was that we couldn't find a location that could hold a large group (nearly 80 people at this point because we are including all out of state guests as requested by Nick's parents) and wouldn't be more expensive per person than the wedding. Nick's mother has been so great with the planning and literally said, "Just pick whatever you want."

We looked everywhere and finally stumbled across the private room at Sam Seltzer's Steakhouse. Great food, great prices, great atmosphere and perfect! It compliments the wedding without having the situation of two receptions back to back. Yes!

Such a great feeling to cross those off of my list!

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com