Monday, June 30, 2008

Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.
Erma Bombeck

In just 11 days I will be back in St. Louis visiting my Nick! My first, and most recent, trip up there we just enjoyed each others company... this time, however, we have to get down to business. The biggest task fast approaching is registering for the wedding and I have to admit that I'm really excited about it.

And Nick, well, not so much.

But out of all the wedding stuff that I am handling on my own this is one thing that I would like to do with him. It will be his stuff too and although he generally nods his head at whatever I show him and says, "Yes, princess, it's nice" I'm hoping that he will be that second opinion we need when making some choices.

So we will be headed to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel to get it all taken care of in St. Louis.

In reality, I know the man isn't concerned that the stiching in the duvet cover will match the accent color of the throw pillows. But for a few hours he will be. And it won't be my fault if things like this (or this, or this) end up on the registry because Nick got a hold of the scanner unattended.

4 comments:

A1 - The Wife said...

Trust me, get him in there, hand him the scanner for a few minutes and POOF - he'll morph into super shopper and you won't be able to stop him! Do what my friend did, let him register for whatever he wants, so long as he is helping and excited, then get home and "clean up" the registry online!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

So fun! I hope you guys pick out some fun stuff!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

Yes! Watch that scanner!! Cooper went around scanning EVERYTHING (to see if it worked) and then it was a pain to take it off. But, have *fun* b/c registering is so fun!

Sarah said...

I think most guys THINK they aren't into that stuff but given the chance, they really do get into it. Good Luck!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com