Friday, September 26, 2008

"Be yourself" is about the worst advice you can give some people.
Tom Masson


I've been tagged by Lucy to list seven weird or random facts about myself:

1. I have very specific pen requirements at work and tend to hoard the ones I love: Sharpie fine tips, Pilot Precise Grip in fine tips and Pilot Dr. Grip Gels. I will only write in black ink.

2. I have an intense fear of frogs. It all started when childhood friend, Clayton, put one down the front of my bathing suit when I was seven. I would never squish or hurt one but I just cannot stand being around them. Ew. Ew. Ew. Rodents on the other hand, don't bother me a bit.

3. I can't type documents, letters or anything in Times New Roman font. I hate it. Lucinda Sans in 10 point font or Garamond in 12 point, please.

4. In general, I hate seafood. I will only eat spicy tuna rolls at a sushi place and I can stand tuna salad if necessary. I won't touch anything else. Growing up in Florida most people are amazed but no fresh grouper, shrimp, lobster or anything for this girl. Gag.

5. My mother has a very green thumb and Nick loves to garden too. I kill floral arrangements. Too bad, as much as I love plants at home Bella usually gnaws the life out of them even before I get to forget to water them. Oh well!

6. I love mail. Sending it and receiving it. Mail is one of my favorite things. Nothing looks nicer than a handwritten address with a crisp stamp. I subscribe to catalogs just to get them in the mail (even though I know I can look at their websites). Thick pink and blue greeting card envelopes are divine as are glossy new magazines at the beginning of the month. I'll even get excited about coupon packs... if they come in the mail!

7. I use antibacterial gel like its my job. I carry a small bottle in my bag and have a pump bottle on my desk that I use randomly throughout the day. I also take Airborne daily. I may be weird about it but I haven't had a cold in YEARS.

I tag... anyone who wants to post this too!

3 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

Thanks for playing along! We have exactly the same taste in pens. I actually had them special order pens to meet my requirements at work. It's just so much easier to work with the right pen.

Petunia said...

I LOVE those Dr Grip pens!! And now they come in the prettiest colors!
If you follow me, I'll follow you--I'm easy like that!! ;-)

Heather said...

Eeeew, I don't blame you on the frog one - if I had one put on me, I would feel the same way! I agree with you about mail. It's the greatest. I am picky about pens too. I also dislike time new roman, but alas, I am a lawyer and it is required with some courts - boring! Heather from grace303.blogspot.com

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com