Thursday, September 18, 2008

The only way not to think about money
is to have a great deal of it.
Edith Wharton

Dear Fidelity,

I would like you to please give me my Roth IRA money back, including all of the money that is NO LONGER THERE. I prefer my little, simple Emigrant Direct savings account where my money doesn't go away and I actually make money, although not much, on interest. The little red arrow pointing down showing how much I have lost in ONE DAY makes me whimper.

Bella expressed her concern as well.

Those finance guys said, "Oh, Randall you should invest more in the market. You should save for retirement." Now they all have pictures on CNN of their hands covering their eyes. Pictures of grown men crying.

Now I may not have a lot of money but I worked hard and saved for it. I don't like seeing that it is NO LONGER THERE.

So please give it back.

Sincerely,
Randall

PS: John Hancock, that goes for you and my 401(k) as well. Thank you.

1 comment:

Barefoot in the Park said...

ditto on the letter. i feel the same way!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com