Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C.S. Lewis

Now that summer is officially over, I wanted to take a moment and review my summer reads (I search blogs for great book recommendations so I try to post mine often).

Since my last book post I've finished two more books:

Sweetwater Creek by Anne Rivers Siddons
So well written it makes me want to raise Boykin spaniels in the South Carolina low country. Rivers Siddons is a Tri Delta so I've always heard of her work and seen her name pop up from time to time with alumnae stuff but this is the first book of hers I have read. I really loved it and am looking forward to reading her other titles.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This was a recommendation from another book lover and probably my least favorite of this summer's books. It was a quick read that made me laugh outloud and I liked the frequent pop culture references (it was set in 1992) but it wasn't as wonderful as I thought it would be.

Any other books you read this summer that you'd like to pass along?

6 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

I'm just finishing Anti-Cancer. Although it's scared the bejesus out of me, it's kind of empowering to know that we have some control over our health.

I also just finished Angels, Thieves, and Winemakers. It was a birthday gift from a friend and I loved it.

Thanks for the book recs.

Alison said...

Hello! I just found your blog and love it! Thanks for the book reviews; I have been doing a lot of reading lately, and don't want to waste my money.

Have a wonderful day!

Monogramchick said...

I just received the Anne Rivers Siddons book as a gift...glad to see that someone liked it. I can't wait to start reading it!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

You MUST read Jodi Picoult. Have you ever read ANYTHING by her? She is like crack--I love love love love love her. Let me know if you read her!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..I love that you read...I want to but I seem to read only magazines! I am reading a book called the Family Driven Life!
Have a great day!
-Sandy Toes

Lexy said...

I love that quote by C.S. Lewis! And thanks for the book reviews. I'm on two weeks of bed rest following surgery and I figure I'll be sending my husband on lots of library runs!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com