Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I cannot go to school today," said little Peggy Ann McKay,
I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
Shel Silverstein, "Sick"

This poem is the very first thing that popped in my head last night as I felt the ache in my eye.

I'm going blind in my right eye

But really, I'm getting a stye - ew! See I even rhymed like a poet.

Now, it is red and swollen and my lid feels heavy on my eye when I blink. Nick joked that I was going to look like Matthew Broderick in Election. Ugh!


Then we started laughing and my eye hurt more. Stupid stye.

5 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

I've been there, done that and it's awful! One wouldn't think that something called a sty, which sounds so minor, could hurt oh so very much. Have you tried a warm compress? That's what my doctor had me do. Hope you feel better soon!

Rachel H. said...

Not fun!! The warm compress definitely helps! Good Luck!

Mrs.Preppy said...

Ouch! Hope itfeels better soon. Shel Silverstein was my favorite when I was younger.

Princess Freckles said...

Oh no! I hope your feel relief soon. If you get a champagne bottle to numb your eye, at least you can drink it after!

Preppy Pettit said...

The twins Godmom just got pinkeye! And her wedding is next weekend.

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com