Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A happy marriage is a new beginning of life,
a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.
Dean Stanley

I had a lovely trip to St. Louis and then drove up to Iowa for Nick's brother's wedding this past weekend. I had five whole days with my Nick which was a treat!

My camera died by the end of the rehearsal dinner but I was able to use Nick's sister's camera and some old school Kodak disposables from Walgreen's - I love pictures, so I was willing to look like a dork winding my camera for the next shot!

Here are some cute ones from my camera before the battery died and from Leah's camera too.

Groomsmen and bride's father getting their suits fitted - they didn't all wear blue on purpose!


At the rehearsal - the wedding was at the Catholic church on the campus of the University of Northern Iowa (where they are both alums)

And Nick isn't paying attention to the priest...



Lovely bride and groom, Matt and Sarah, at the rehearsal dinner at Nick's parent's house


Nick with his Uncle Tom and second cousin, Cameron



Me and Nick



Fireworks in the backyard courtsey of Nick's dad and his Uncle Tom

Fireworks (and a lot of smoke!)


The weather the morning of the wedding was cool and sunny - this is a view of Nick's parent's backyard


University of Northern Iowa campus


Flowers arrived at the church


The lovely bride getting ready


Nick and his sister Leah, also in the wedding party


Matt and Sarah during the ceremony


Married!

Ready for the reception!

Guest book table at the reception

Bridesmaids at dinner

Groomsmen at dinner

We're next!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a lovely wedding! I can hardly wait to see the pictures from yours!

Preppy Lizard said...

Looks like a fun wedding!!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

I'm loving that you busted out the old school disposable camera! Desperate times call for desperate measures, huh?

I bet being at that wedding made you that much more excited for your own!

Preppy Lizard said...

My sister and her fiance live in St. Petersburg right now but are moving to Sarasota within the next 6 months. My parents live on Sanibel.
When are you moving to STL?

Kristen said...

I love weddings - if I could plan my own 100 times over I would (all to Dan of course!) I love her colors - so perfect for this time of year. Looks like a fun time!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com