Monday, September 22, 2008

If you surveyed a hundred typical middle-aged Americans, I bet you'd find that only two of them could tell you their blood types, but every last one of them would know the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies.
Dave Barry


I hope you all had time last night to watch The Emmys because it was so fun! I love the Academy Awards and all but there are so many movies I have never seen or heard of... but television, as my mother always says, is something of which I watch too much.

So it is great to see all of the shows, actors and music I actually know!

The highlight of the show for me was Josh Groban's montage of television theme songs (hey, I do actually have that playlist on my iPod). He was so wonderful and I never realize how talented he was with voices and all music genres.




Also of note:

  • Random TV actors talking about politics got old after about the third mention during a speech or introduction - okay we get it, you're all voting for Obama.

  • Lauren Conrad from The Hills looked lovely (although really, really tan).

  • Stephen Colbert will always be my favorite (and maybe just for the reason that he reminds me of my Nick).

  • I also loved seeing Tina Fey win her first Emmy. And for not mentioning Sarah Palin.

3 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Lol. Laura Linney had to get in her community organizer dig. (eyeroll)...and apparently Tina Fey did say backstage that she was hoping after Nov 4th that she no longer would be needed to do Palin. (or something like that)....

All in all I guess they were pretty tame, but I think it's because they see how in the past it has hurt their cause.

Petunia said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

I can't even watch any unscripted TV right now because I am so sick of hearing every actor and actress slam the McCain/Palin team. Why do they think that we care who they are voting for? Are actors known for their superior intelligence or something?? hee hee... :-)

Sarah said...

I was just so glad John Adams did so well. It really was an amazing mini series!

 
Blog Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com